2 Blade Saildrive LA Folding Propeller
Superior power in both forward and reverse
The 2-blade Flexofold LA-version with closed gearing provides trouble-free handling and superior power in both forward and reverse.
When folded, the low propeller drag ensures you and your boat will sail faster, and in lighter wind as well - with virtually no risk of catching lines or seaweed.
This LA-version of the propeller features a large anode on the protective cover.
All Flexofold propellers are designed and manufactured in Denmark in our single-purpose factory, equipped with modern CNC equipment and robot technology.
In 2017 Flexofold was acquired by Yanmar Marine International. However, Flexofold is still operating from the factory in Denmark, maintaining own distinct brand identity and remaining a Danish registered company.
The propellers are sold directly to boat builders as well as private boat owners worldwide. Due to our flexible production setup, we can manufacture and ship worldwide within a few days.
- Helical gearing between the blades ensures a syncronized folding mechanism.
- Protective cover over the gearing
- Large and easily replaceable anode
- Large shock absorbers for quiet opening of the propeller
- Special innerhub to protect the saildrive and gearbox from the propeller impact
- Mounting screws are pre-applied with Loctite for mounting above as well as under water.
- Water lubricated - no need for maintenance
The 2-blade LA propellers for saildrive are available in the diameters of 14" to 20" - all in a wide range of pitches.
Available for both LEFT and RIGHT turning saildrives (saildrives are generally LEFT turning, however catamarans might use a counter rotating propeller on one side).
The Flexofold propellers fit perfectly on all common saildrives from Yanmar, Volvo Penta, Lombardini, Technodrive, ZF and Torqeedo Deep Blue.
They can also be fitted on Selva saildrives with the use of an adapter.